Next spring, the Salomon hiking backpack collection will be replenished with a new lightweight series with the commercial name Trace. The manufacturer characterizes the new models as lightweight, ergonomic backpacks for dynamic and short hikes, including speed hiking and skyrunning. Initially, in the series, four models with different volumes will be presented at once, namely the Trace 15, Trace 25, Trace 35 versions and the most voluminous Trace 45.
Backpacks are made mainly using low-density reinforced nylon, which is additionally treated with a water-repellent compound. From the outside, the material is complemented by elastic inserts that form side elastic pockets and a pocket on the unloading belt. The belt itself is made according to the new SensiFit system, which allows you to tightly fix the belt without harming mobility and comfort. To create an ergonomic and seamless back, a voluminous polyester mesh is used, which is complemented by a rigid and light perforated film and a dense polymer sheet as a frame.
The Trace 45 and Trace 35 backpacks feature a roll-top main compartment, hydration system compartment, side-access front compartment, top small compartment with key hanger, side stretch pockets, stretch water bottle pockets on the shoulder straps, and one belt pocket. On the outside of the backpacks, there is a mount for trekking poles and ice axes, as well as reinforced straps for attaching additional equipment. Versions Trace 15 and Trace 25, according to preliminary data, will be deprived of a roll-up neck and a separate compartment for a drinking system.
The Salomon Trace series of hiking backpacks will go on sale in mid-spring 2022. There will be several solid colors to choose from, both in men’s and women’s styles. The future cost of the presented novelties has not yet been specified by the manufacturer.
- Mountainsmith is preparing a new generation of lightweight Scream backpacks for spring 2022, with the Scream 55, Scream 30 and Scream 12 models.
- Gregory Mountain Products is slated to release the next generation of the popular Baltoro collection of hiking backpacks and their women’s version, Deva, in spring 2022.
- Osprey has announced several new backpacks in different categories for the next spring/summer 2022 season, including the new generation of the Atmos AG/Aura AG series.
- Bergans of Norway will launch a new line of compact and ultra-light backpacks Y Lightline Fastpack (360g) this spring.
- Deuter has announced a new generation of lightweight Speed Lite backpacks for the spring of 2022, presented in seven models at once.